I’m often asked what books I would recommend reading about writing, publishing, and marketing books. I love to read and read a lot, although not as much as I’d like. However, I do believe I have some solid recommendations to share. Therefore, for the next three “me only” episodes of The Author Switch, I’m going to share my answer to that question. In this episode, I’m sharing books that have helped me write better books. You might be surprised by my choices.
Audio for Episode 21: What Books I Recommend About Writing Books…Sort Of
Runtime: 8 minutes, 11 seconds
Video for Episode 21: What Books I Recommend About Writing Books…Sort Of
Show Notes for Episode 21: What Books I Recommend About Writing Books…Sort Of
- Zen in the Art of Writing: Releasing the Creative Genius Within You by Ray Bradbury
- Writing for Story by Jon Franklin
- On Writing Well by William Zinsser
- Writing to Learn by William Zinsser
- How to Sell Your Idea to Hollywood by Robert Kosberg
- On Writing: A Memoir of the Craft by Stephen King
- Danse Macabre by Stephen King
- The Storytelling Animal: How Stories Make Us Human by Jonathan Gottschall
I will share my recommendations for books about publishing in Episode 25, which will “air” on September 22, 2021. In the interim, I hope you will enjoy my interviews with authors Ben Winter, Kam Knight, and W.T. Hamilton, as The Author Switch transitions to being a weekly podcast!
About The Author Switch
The Author Switch is a podcast dedicated to helping experts, entrepreneurs, and small business owners turn on The Author Switch — and keep it on — so that they can leverage the power of books to take their businesses to a whole new dimension. You can learn more about the show on its page.